Open Space - VOX POP
Get the message across!
The OS Vox Pop project uses the short-film format to show up – and bridge -- the borders between people, cultures, classes, genders, nations, ideologies, religions
We’ve made the first in the series (watch it at http://www.openspaceindia.org/OS_voxpop.html).
You make the rest!
Films should explore the broad theme of BORDERS. You must use the same format of shooting and recording the responses of diverse people to one particular question. The question you choose to ask will in large part determine how effective your film is.
Films should not be more than 120 seconds in duration. You can shoot on a professional mini-DV camera, or on a quality handycam or 3CCD digital video camera. But the output must be of broadcast quality.
You must use the original Open Space Vox Pop soundtrack that we have created for the series. Download the soundtrack at http://www.openspaceindia.org/OS_voxpop.html
Entries can be submitted by individuals, by a group, or by a team/institution. This is an ongoing project so we will accept entries until March 2009. But the two best entries received by November 30, 2008 win an award of Rs 10,000 each.
We’re looking for films that are:
- Reflective of public attitudes and concerns
- Technically sound
- Effective at getting the message across
All entries must be submitted in DVD format.
Adherence to the following guidelines is compulsory:
- The spot can be made using a Handycam or a 3CCD digital video camera only (we will not accept entries shot on mobile phones) and the final output should be of broadcast quality. Entries should be submitted in any of the following formats: MOV, MPEG, AVI
- The film shall not contain any sort of vulgarity or nudity and should not hurt the religious sentiments or sensibilities of anyone in any way
- The location of the film should be open to general public and not exclusive in any way
- The primary language of the film should be English or Hindi
- Ideal running time of the film is 120 seconds. Films exceeding this duration will be disqualified.
- In case of any dispute related to the spot arising with a third party, Open Space, CCDS will not be held responsible; any disputes shall be dealt with by the person/s submitting the entry.
- CCDS shall have the right to use and disseminate for public education purposes all entries submitted for the contest.
DVDs of all entries should be couriered to the following address:
B – 301, 2nd Floor,
Kanchanjunga Bldg, Kanchan Lane,
Near Krishna Dining Hall,
Off Law College Road,
Pune 411 004
Tel No: 020-25457371